Thursday, April 1, 2010

It's Baseball Season



That's where I will be TOMORROW. It's only going to be for an exhibition game and there is a chance of precipitation, but I'm going to be at THE BALLPARK IN ARLINGTON. I would rather be nowhere else.

I love winter. I love the cold. I love watching the Dallas Cowboys play football (and it was nice to watch them play a few extra games this year, but that discussion is for another day). But for me, nothing beats that feeling that comes around every March/April when I can't concentrate on anything besides the start of the baseball season.

It has been 11 years since the Rangers have been to the postseason, but this time of year presents a youthful optimism that simply cannot be duplicated. It's our year. The pieces are in place. We deserve a pennant. One thing for certain is that this will consume my life for 162 games. See you in October. And I hope its closer to Halloween than Columbus Day.

Rangers in 2010!

No comments:

Post a Comment